Absolute Links vs. Relative Links – SEO Value
- April 17, 2014
- Advanced SEO Techniques, Business Advice, SEO
The debate between absolute links and relative links continues to live on in the SEO world. The individual significance of each has been contested, but it is widely regarded that absolute links provide better SEO value on the whole than relative links.
Many believe that absolute links have less potential for getting messed up when search engines index your page. It shouldn’t really make a difference, but many conclude that this is reason enough.
Furthermore, content scrapers and RSS services may ‘repurpose’ your content legitimately (or not). In either case, shouldn’t a proper back-link be attributed to your site? This situation favours absolute links. Although this is a minor argument, it’s still worth considering.
This is author biographical info, that can be used to tell more about you, your iterests, background and experience. You can change it on Admin > Users > Your Profile > Biographical Info page."
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Some of Our Work
- Web Development Web Design & Development Solutions
- Online Marketing How we can help you to get more sales
- Sales Optimization Improve the success of marketing efforts
- TecHalo Just Works We have a experience, strategy, and a proven track record in producing quality websites
- FREE CONSULTATION
- Is Search Engine Submission Necessary? April 17, 2014
- Can Any Inbound Linking Hurt My Ranking? April 17, 2014
- The Importance of Anchor Text in Back-links April 17, 2014