Google now discounts all reciprocal links
- April 17, 2014
- Advanced SEO Techniques, Business Advice, SEO
For a long time, reciprocal links have remained at the forefront of most inbound linking strategies. This is going to have to change. Google now discounts all reciprocal links. The algorithm has been altered to identify the exchange of links by two parties for the purpose of increasing their number of inbound links.
The concept of reciprocal linking defies Google’s original intention with the algorithm. Quality content should attract links. The exchange of links is nothing more than a mutual agreement to unjustifiably promote others’ content with the end goal of promoting your own. Google doesn’t particularly like this (see Link Schemes).
Some even claim that Google is now able to identify three-way linking schemes (i.e. website A links to website B, who links to website C, who links back to A). Whether this is true or not is hard to say. One thing is for certain though: inbound linking strategies should NOT be centered around reciprocal linking. This manufactured form of link creation is not well-received and is ultimately a waste of time. Instead, focus on creating unique, high-quality content in a given niche. The links will ensue.
This is author biographical info, that can be used to tell more about you, your iterests, background and experience. You can change it on Admin > Users > Your Profile > Biographical Info page."
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Some of Our Work
- Web Development Web Design & Development Solutions
- Online Marketing How we can help you to get more sales
- Sales Optimization Improve the success of marketing efforts
- TecHalo Just Works We have a experience, strategy, and a proven track record in producing quality websites
- FREE CONSULTATION
- Is Search Engine Submission Necessary? April 17, 2014
- Can Any Inbound Linking Hurt My Ranking? April 17, 2014
- The Importance of Anchor Text in Back-links April 17, 2014